Made You Smile Back is sooooo happy 🙂 to present this article on things that make me happy! That said, I’m beyond confident that more than likely what makes me happy will make YOU happy as well!
In this article, we shall explore the simple things, the little things, what happy people do on spending time and receiving simple pleasures and much more of all that can make you happy.
Included are things that make me happy, what makes your soul happy, a list of ‘you make me happy quotes’ and even I’ll share with you things that make me happy starting with ‘A’.
Too many people spend their lives worrying about the big things like money, health, and relationships. What they don’t realize is that small things are often more important than they think.
Too often we forget the little things in life that make us smile. The small things in life can be very important and make us feel good.
We are all busy people, juggling our careers, families, hobbies, etc. Sometimes it’s easy to forget to appreciate the things around us that make us happy. Today I want to share 10 small things that make me happy.
But for each and every person who is reading this right now, there is one thing that is certain. You can be sure that if it makes me happy, it will make you smile back.,:) So, here they are…
Let’s take this a step further and allow me to provide you an amusing list of things that make me happy starting with ‘A’ clear through to ‘Z’. Please feel free to add to the list those items you find that make YOU happy as well!
A: Animals, Art, Apple Crisp – Homemade of course!
B: Belly Laughs, Babies, Blogging, Bubbles, Books
C: Chocolate, Cozy Comforters, Carrot Cake, Candles, Candy
D: Dolphins, Dessert, and yes, watching my Dallas Cowboy Football Games!
E: Exercise, Experiences Never Experienced Before!
F: Flowers, Fireworks, Food. Family, Friends… Oh… and did I mention Flowers!!! 🙂
G: Games, Gifts, Gardens, Google Search
H: Hugs, Humor, Hamburgers
I: Ice Cold Water, Internet Surfing
J: Jelly beans, Jigsaw Puzzles, Jewelry
K: Kisses from Children, Kite Flying
L: Lemonade, Lipstick, and of course my favorite… Laughing
M: Money (who doesn’t like money… right!), Mental Health Fundraisers, Manicures
N: Nature, Naps, Novels, Newborn Babies
O: Oranges, Olives, Orchids
P: Puppies, Picnics, Pomegranates
Q: Quilts, Queens
R: Romance, Rainbows
S: Sun, Smiles, Stars, Self-Care, Swings
T: Travelling, Tourism, Turkey, Texas
U: Unexpected gifts, Unicorns, Umbrellas
V: Velvet, Vacations
W: Waterfalls, Weddings, Writing
X: Xmas, X-clamation Points! X-citement! X-hilaration! X-ploring! (I know… I’m cheating a little bit, but you can’t get much happiness out of like… x-rays… right? 🙂
Y: York Peppermint Patties, Yahtzee, YouTube Videos
Z: Zesty flavors, Zoning Out, Zany humor, and of course, the Zoo!
I hope you enjoyed my A to Z Happiness list. I encourage you to make your own. Do have fun with it.
So again, what is it that makes you happy? It’s time to find out. The first thing you should do is ask yourself, “What makes me happy?”
Write down your answers.
There is no right or wrong answer, but as you write down your answers, you may find that you have some ideas that seem very important. These are the things that make you happy.
If you can do this exercise honestly, then you will know what makes you happy.
Then, you need to think about your answers. Are you happy because you have a job? Are you happy because you are loved by someone?
Or maybe you are happy simply because you have a clean house.
Here’s a shortlist of simple things to make YOU happy. These 10 items have been proven to make you happier. You might be surprised at how many of these items you have already and you just didn’t know it.
I hope you enjoy this list! Feel free to share your own items that make you happy.
If you are reading this right now and you are thinking, “I don’t have time to think about what makes me happy,” then it is time to start thinking about what makes you happy.
If you want to be happy, you have to do what makes you happy.
You may be wondering, “What makes me happy?”
The answer is simple: Do what makes your soul happy.
Contrary to popular belief, it is also possible to be happy and successful at the same time. In fact, you may even find that you are much happier when you do both. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Being happy is something that we all want.
Now, you need to take a step further. If you find that there is one thing that makes you happy, then try to do that thing more often. If you are not happy with something in your life, then try to change it. It might take a little time, but it will pay off.
So, how can you do this?
First, you must realize that there are a lot of things that make us happy. So, start with something small.
For many people, myself included, I enjoy reading and finding serendipity, empowering quotes that inspire me to feel happier and more joyful.
These are not just your everyday same ole, same ole quotes, these quotes are ones I wrote myself. I hope you find them both enlightening, thought-provoking, but more importantly, motivational to urge you in finding ‘your happy place’ and figuring how simple things that make YOU happy.
ORIGINAL HAPPINESS QUOTES BY BETH ELKASSIH, CREATOR OF MADE YOU SMILE BACK
# # # # # #
“The Best Kind of Laughter is Laughing Until You Cry”
“Live Your Life to the Best of Your Own ‘Happy Heart’!“
“Reclaim Your Happiness and Find Yourself Again!”
“Turn Your Tears of Sadness Into Tears of Happiness!“
“Family is Much More than DNA…Your ‘Family’ Can Include Close Friends and Even Caring Online Friends Too!“
“HAPPINESS is Totally in Your Hands… Choose!“
“Make Each Day Count With Things That Make You HAPPY”
“Happiness Strengths… Zest, Gratitude, Hope, Curiosity & Love”
“You Know… Grateful People Are Happy People!”
“Yes! Intentionally Choose the Happiness of the Moment, Over the Pain of the Past!“
“Sometimes It’s Best To Remain Silent and… Smile!“
“Passion Lights the Fire Towards Ultimate Happiness and Success!“
“Create Your Own Special Type of ‘Rainbow’ Every Day!“
“Those who are the ‘Happiest’, are Those who do the Most for Others!“
“The More You Smile…. The More You Smile…“
Top five frequently asked questions are as follows:
1. What is the secret to happiness?
The secret to happiness is truly ‘choosing to be happy’. According to a recent Harvard Study, “Happiness comes from choosing to be happy with whatever you do, strengthening your closest relationships and taking care of yourself physically, financially and emotionally.”
2. Why is it important to have a happy life?
It is important to have a happy life simply because it truly does make you healthier. Scientific evidence suggests that being happy may have major benefits for your health.
For starters, being happy promotes a healthy lifestyle. It may also help combat stress, boost your immune system, protect your heart and reduce pain.
What’s more, it is suggested that it may even increase your life expectancy.
3. What are some things that can make me happy instantly?
Follow these steps and when you find yourself in a ‘slump’, get back to your ‘happy place’ by doing the following:
I guarantee you, this will instantly make you feel so much better about yourself. You see, doing this exercise, boosts your ‘feel-good’ chemical, oxytocin, and in turn, you can’t help from feeling better! Try it, you’ll be glad you did!
According to Elizabeth Narins, contributing writer for Cosmopolitan, she claims the following are scientifically proven ways to become happier instantly as well:
1. Eat a clementine. The scent of this fruit is one of the most positive and arousing things you can smell, according to a study conducted in the journal Chemical Senses.
2. Light a vanilla-scented candle. In the same Chemical Senses study, participants ranked the smell of vanilla bean right up there with clementine as a super-uplifting scent that’s even more relaxing.
3. Do your happy walk. Instead of slumping over and walking around with a frown, stand up straight, roll your shoulders back, and put a little hop in your step. Imitating a “happy walk” can actually make you happier, according to a recent study.
4. Make your desktop or phone background green. The calming color is associated with happiness, comfort, peace, hope, and excitement. This in turn will improve your mood more even more than the sight of your latest selfie.
6. Give your pet a lil’ love. You don’t need science to explain why pets make you feel irrationally euphoric. Just look at these guys, and try not to smile:
8. Say thank you. While researchers know that materialism can make people miserable, gratitude can curb the effects, according to recent research. So jot down a quick thank-you note — even if it’s just a “thank you for being you.” You’ll feel way better about buying that new bag for yourself.
9. Buy an experience instead of stuff. Not to throw shade at your shoe collection, but science says buying material things doesn’t breed happiness. When you spend money on experiential things, though, like tickets for a concert or a trip, you benefit from the anticipation, which provides instant happiness that lasts throughout your countdown. The same goes for buying things that provide an experience, like a new book, or podcast, or movie according to a recent study. The ideal purchase should reflect your true values, like a book on a topic that genuinely interests you.
10. Bask in the daylight. Everyone knows that blue skies and fresh air can be a total blessing, even when you’re in the world’s worst mood.
4. What are some things we can do to make our friends and family happier.
Per one of my earlier blogs, ‘Beyond Sadness- Helping Your Friends Smile Again’, these are 5 things we can do to make our friends and family happier when they need cheering up:
5. What is the difference between pleasure and happiness?
Pleasure is a state of mind, in which you feel good and enjoy what you are doing. Pleasure often does not last long, since soon the attention moves to other matters. We enjoy the pleasure we experience, but after a while, we either lose interest or seek something else.
On the other hand, happiness is different, it is more of an inner sensation. In pleasure the emotions and feelings are active. In a state of happiness there is calmness and peace.
That said, being in a ‘state of happiness’ is long-lasting.
Grab Your Free E-Book
"Rediscover Your Happiness Workbook" Today!