Made You Smile Back is pleased to present this informative and enlightening article discussing not only the six personality traits all happy and successful people possess, but also the ‘most secret trait’ revealed as well!
In fact, this blog article was inspired by someone who not only possesses these six popular characteristics of happy and successful people but has ‘mastered’ the most powerful secret trait of them all! But before you start scrolling ahead to find out what this coveted, highly desirable trait is, you need to fully understand these first six traits.
Made You Smile Back will then share tips and show YOU how you can develop these 7 traits as well! (Don’t worry, at the end of this blog, I shall be more than happy to share with you who this happy and successful person is!)
So what are we waiting for! Let’s begin our discovery. Would it surprise you at all to know that the same brilliant Nobel Peace Prize winner, Albert Einstein known for his Theory of Relativity is also credited for creating a Theory for Happiness! Take a look at this YouTube video and watch and learn!
Let’s also take a moment and reflect on what Norman Vincent Peale had to say about happiness and success.
Want to know why happy people are successful? Fortunately, happy and successful people leave plenty of clues on why they are who they are. There are definite certain traits or characteristics one observes easily from them.
Let’s examine the qualities of happiness versus successful habits they possess:
- Happy people easily let things go and forgive and forget. Successful people see problems merely as opportunities in disguise.
- Happy people have huge dreams. Successful people simply dream big always.
- Happy people are kind and treat people as they would treat others (i.e., Golden Rule). Successful people respect their fellow colleagues and is open to new ideas for their own personal development and growth.
- Happy people easily express gratitude. Successful people always acknowledge their peers and seek out ‘mentors’ of whom they are grateful for.
Want to Know ‘Why’ Happy People Are Successful?
- Happy people always find the ‘good’ in others. Successful people always know his/her own strengths.
- Happy people take full responsibility for their life and what happens. Successful people embrace full responsibility and see failures or mishaps as learning experiences that move them forward towards ultimate success.
- Happy people live in the present moment. Successful people are always planning ahead with Plan B or C. They live in the moment, yes, but they always have their eye on their future.
- Happy people surround themselves with other happy people. Successful people surround themselves with other successful people.
- Happy people have high self-esteem and confidence. Successful people also exhibit strong self-esteem and confidence and in addition, constantly seek out knowledge.
There are so many qualities we just can’t overlook. Here are some more:
- Happy people do not seek nor need the approval of others. Likewise, successful people also don’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
- Happy people are honest. Successful people have integrity.
- Both happy and successful people are good listeners. They listen to ‘understand’ not with the intent to ‘reply’.
- Happy people change what they can and accept what they cannot. Successful people easily prioritize their goals and don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Together, both happy & successful people choose their own destiny.
- Both happy and successful people also have strong faith in their own spirituality and/or religion. This can not be overlooked.
What did we learn from examining all the above qualities mentioned above?
Happiness + Success = Love of Life & Outstanding Achievement
Six Powerful Traits People who are Both Happy & Successful Must Have
I know traits are also known as personality characteristics and even the qualities mentioned above go a long way in determining who we are as a person. But what are the more important traits in others who are both happy and successful? Let’s dive in deeper and explore.
- They are both ‘intrinsically driven’. According to Andreo Corso, Contributing Editor for Huffington Post, “their inspiration and drive come from within. It’s not about money, title, or anything external or material. It’s about how what they’re doing feels to them. Does it make them happy? It is serving a purpose? Are they serving others? If the answers are yes, they keep going. And if not, they don’t. They know their joy and enthusiasm for what they’re doing and how they’re living life is contagious and inspires others. That motivates them to continue to live in a joyful and enthusiastic way. ” Their self-discipline is evident and nothing is possible without it.
- They both ‘believe in their dreams’. To be both happy and successful, the key is to believe in yourself when no one else does. If you listen to your critics you can’t achieve what you want. Be relentless in the pursuit of your goals and never listen to your critics.
- They both have ‘resilience’. Angela Lee Duckworth of the University of Pennsylvania says that grit is the single quality that guarantees success, based on her ground-breaking studies. Talent will not take the place of persistence and resilience. As Ms. Duckworth further explained, “Steve Jobs is a great example of this. He was fired from the company he started but in his wilderness, he started another company NeXT and bought Pixar. Then he patiently waited for his second coming to Apple and as they say, the rest is history. You can be down but never out “
- They both have ‘passion’ Passion ignites reservoirs of resilience. It is the fuel in which a happy and successful person uses toward skyrocketing towards their goals. They are not afraid of hard work and knows that ‘practice’ makes perfect. They look at ‘failures’ as part of the process and take every opportunity to learn and move forward. And as Richard Marcinko says, “The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat.”
- They both take care of themselves better, both physically and mentally. The simple truth is happy and successful people take care of themselves better. They try to ensure that there is proper rest and balance in their lives. If you want to achieve all you want out of your life you need to ensure that you are at your best most of the time. Energy is required to go forward towards your closely cherished dreams. In addition, these wonderful people also maintain a positive mental attitude. Being grateful for what we have while striving for more is actually a great way to stay positive. When you are positive about the day you just get on with the accomplishment of your tasks with even more vigor. Furthermore, nothing is more important than your inner peace and overall happiness.
- They both have exceptional ‘communication skills’. Clarity is the key to communicating effectively. The happy and successful person knows how to listen ‘what is not heard’, listens to ‘understand’ and can easily ‘empathize‘ with others.
These are the six traits that all happy and successful people have! Are you now ready for the ‘Big Reveal’ and find out what the SECRET 7th Trait is!?!
The SECRET 7th Trait of Happy & Successful People is…
“Successful & Happy People are NOT AFRAID to ASK!”
This is the secret and in my mind, the most highly desirable trait that a happy and successful person can have. Yes, they tend to be ‘risk-takers‘ but in strategic ways.
Think about it. I witnessed this trait first-hand over the course of the past year from someone who I regard as both happy and successful. I discovered ‘why’ this trait is both powerful and effective. Again, successful people are NOT AFRAID to ASK! So… why is this so valuable?
If you ask for something and put ‘yourself out there’, you will NEVER KNOW what opportunities are awaiting you. If you ask, then who knows, the answer may be a resounding ‘sure, why not!‘ Or… if you ask, perhaps the response may be, ‘I can’t do that for you, but I CAN DO THIS FOR YOU!’ And you know what, perhaps THIS response will provide even more potential opportunities better than the simple yes!
Of course, you can also get a ‘no’ for an answer…. but how will you know UNLESS YOU ASK! This my friends is the secret trait that you must all learn to develop and have. Put yourself out there. You have nothing to lose but ‘everything’ to gain.
In Summary, the 7 Total Traits of Happy & Successful People
So, how would YOU like to learn how you too can become not only a happier person but a successful one as well? To recap, strive to do all these 7 ‘must-have’ traits:
- Be Intrincially Driven.
- Believe in Your Dreams.
- Be Resilient.
- Be Passionate and Hard-Working.
- Practice Self-Care and Maintain a Positive Attitude.
- Develop Exceptional Communication Skills — Effective Listening and Empathy.
And the Final ‘SECRET’ Trait You Must Learn Is:
“SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE NOT AFRAID TO ASK FOR WHAT THEY WANT!!!”
As creator of Made You Smile Back, I would like to take this opportunity to do a ‘shout out’ to Umair Qureshi, creator of WPSTAIRS and Founder/Owner of Zulzan. He is my web-developer, graphics designer and consultant for my blog. It is through working and observing this brilliant gentleman in the past year that I discovered and learned about this ‘secret 7th trait’ of what it takes to be both truly happy and successful.
So now it’s your turn! Join in the conversation below and leave a comment! And don’t forget to Subscribe!