Get Your Smile Back in 5 Simple Steps
Photo by Hudson Hintze© on Unsplash
By learning these five simple steps, you will help get your smile to resurface by putting YOU first. You will see how easy it is to love yourself back to being able to smile again.
Everyone has down days. Perhaps you just recently endured a tearful breakup and you feel as if you may never smile again.
Get Your Well-Being to Sky Rocket!
Once you have master these five simple steps, the benefits will help you achieve better overall well-being and greater happiness. So, grab a pencil (okay, maybe your iPad…), take notes and let’s begin, shall we?
1. You Must Live In The Present
- Stop replaying negative events over and over again in your head. And don’t worry about the future. It hasn’t even arrived yet…
- Learn to be grateful for everything good in your life. Accept and celebrate the flexibility of nature. Be open to the serendipity nature of the ebbs and flow of everything around you and appreciate the “small stuff”.
- Take a step back and observe yourself in the moment. Instead of always ‘reacting’ to whatever you’re confronting, ‘respond’ and learn how to approach life in a harmonious way.
2. Let Go of Negative Thoughts
- You must learn to forgive and forget and simply move on. Holding a grudge takes so much emotional and physical energy. It’s not worth it.
- Forgiveness allows YOU to exchange that negative energy into something more positive for yourself. It’s ‘freeing’.
- Embrace failures or mistakes and allow yourself to open up to success.
- Realize just how unique and special you truly are. Try to spend less time pleasing others and more time pleasing your higher self.
- Remove ‘toxic’ people from your life and hang out with like-minded, positive-oriented friends and family members.
"What Good Shall I Do This Day?"
Photo by Nathan Lemon on Unsplash©
3. Be Kind
- Another way of finding happiness to get your smile back is to simply follow the golden rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do to you”.
- How about doing a random act of kindness. Go out of your way to help someone. You have no idea how much happiness and self-worth you can gain. It can be as easy as giving a bottle of water to a homeless person or paying a simple compliment to anyone you come in contact with. Even if it’s a total stranger!
- Kindness is also about being respectful to others. Sometimes its just better to let the other person be right once in a while. And when you do this simple action, you will SMILE back inside of yourself and immediately feel humbled and blessed for doing so.
Prayer and Reflection
Photo by Ben White on Unsplash©
4. Get Healthy and Have an Active Lifestyle
- I know you’ve heard it said many times, but it is true. Exercise really does make you feel better. It releases those wonderful endorphins which in turn helps you to relieve stress, minimize depression and improve your mood. You can’t help but be happier after a great workout that makes you sweat.
- Make a conscious effort to eat healthy. You know what I’m talking about. Keep it clean and be sure to drink as much water as necessary to stay hydrated.
- Take some time ‘off’ from being on your cell phone and checking Facebook or whatever every other minute! Don’t be distracted all of the time. Stay focused, pray, meditate, do yoga, anything that helps you reflect and makes you feel better for your sense of well-being.
Don't worry... be happy...
Photo by Alexas Fotos on Pixabay©
5. Laugh More and You Will Smile More!
- You’ve heard it before but I’m going to remind you anyway. Laughter IS the best medicine. It too releases those feel-good endorphins. When is the last time you had a really good laugh? I’m talking a deep down ‘belly laugh’!
- If you haven’t seen the YouTube version of the delightful ‘Chewbacca Lady‘, here’s your chance now to not only see it but really get into it and have yourself a ‘belly laugh’ as well. You’ll be grinning from ear to ear with the biggest smile ever. You’ll thank me later, trust me!
- Another way to ‘smile more’ is singing. Yes you heard me right! I don’t care if you sing out of tune or do a rap song. Just SING, SING, SING as loud as you can and I assure you will have found happiness instantly and get your smile back in a big way. If you don’t believe me, check out https://genius.com/Pentatonix-sing-lyrics and let me know how right I am! Better yet, do a YouTube search on this wonderful acappella group, “Pentatonix”.
- I personally love this last and final tip for finding happiness to get your smile back. It is…. music please…“da, da dadadaaaaa….” Smile more!!!!! Did you know that even if we don’t feel like it, if we force ourselves to smile even when we are unhappy, gradually it WILL make you feel happier! Don’t believe me, try this simple exercise. You can get total strangers to ‘smile back’ at you by simply getting their attention and give them a big grin!
What's Your 'Secret Sauce' in Finding Your Happiness?
There you have it! Finding happiness with five easy steps to get your smile back and start living again! But let’s not stop here. Why not continue the discussion. Share with our readers what has worked for you in the past in getting you to ‘smile back again!’ Just leave your comments below and ANYONE visiting this website can reply back and give feedback as well!
AND… don’t forget to check out all the ‘inspirational quotes” on the link below!
“What’s YOUR Secret Sauce to Make YOU Smile Back?!?”
Please don’t foget to ‘join the conversation’ and leave a comment on what brings you Happiness!