Yay! I can't believe I got nominated for this!
Recently I received a very pleasant, albeit, serendipitiously surprise of being contacted by Luz Serrano-Reyes. She is the author and mastermind of the blog “Getting It Right 2Day”. As a fellow blogger, I found out that she nominated me for the Liebster Award Nomination for 2018. I urge everyone to take
time out and surf on over to her great ‘Mommy blog’. Her blogs and insights will both inspire and motivate you to become the best ‘Boss Momma’ possible! Her link is https://gettingitright2day.com
What Exactly is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers, nominated by bloggers, that promotes the discovery of new blogs. It’s a great way for new bloggers to grow their audience and for people to discover new blogs. After all, let’s admit it…being a new blogger is not easy! This nomination is such an honor and privilege for me since I started my venture into blogging since July 2018. I have met such amazing and talented moms and bloggers and it has been a total blessing. Learn more about the Liebster Award here.
Why I Started Blogging
Being a baby boomer, I’ve had my share of numerous jobs. I wouldn’t say I was a ‘Jack of all Trades’ but I have done quite a bit. Let’s see, a corporate executive secretary, a legal secretary, a word processor, a software consultant, a corporate trainer and today, I am a full-time Realtor and as of July 2018, I realized my dream of becoming a blogger. I always had a knack for writing and telling stories (at least that’s what my husband says…)and I noted that there were alot of blogs on the internet, but relatively few were specifically for my demographic, the baby boomers. So… I decided to make a transition from full time Realtor to hopefully becoming a full time blogger and work exclusively from home.
5 Random Facts About Me
- I live in the town where the Dallas Cowboys and the Texas Rangers play! Yes in Arlington, Texas in the USA!
- I’m one of 9 brothers and sisters and was raised in rural Northeast Missouri and have a Midwestern work ethic and sense of humor!
- I am married to a wonderful Lebanese man and have three vibrant and beautiful daughters… and yes, I’m still waiting to become a Grandmother!
- When my daughters were young, I actually took a ‘Clown and Magic’ certification program at a local community college.
- My ‘claim to fame’ was when I was asked to be on the local ABC Dallas/Fort Worth Channel 8 television news as a mental health advocate detailing my experience suffering from post-partum depression when I was in my 40s.
1. Out of all the places you have visited, which was your favorite?
Hands down! Niagra falls is the Bomb!
Image by wallpapercave.com©
There’s a reason I selected this photo showing the “Lady of the Mist” ferry boat! The first time I visited Niagra Falls, I took not one, but three exciting trips on this boat! I loved the ‘magic mist’ and I was fortunate enough to view a double rainbow as well! Folks, it has to be on your bucket list for sure!
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
There’s no hesitation — it has to be traveling to Beirut Lebanon! Why? Well not only is it the birthplace of my husband but it is a place of mystery and awe! From Pigeon Rock to the famous Baalbek Ruins, who wouldn’t want to visit there!?!
Photos by Asma Qureshi©, said_sea©, & travelintospain©
3. Would you rather, wear shoes every second for the rest of your life, or never be allowed to wear shoes again?
I know, I know… Why in the world would I pick high heels, stilettos at that! Right? But don’t you appreciate the incredible beauty of these Cinderella pink crystal heels?
Photo by alexpress©
NOT!!!! Since this question stated ‘every second for the rest of your life’, no folks. My answer is definitely shoes. But I’ll wear my Nike’s© 24/7 even in bed if I have to!!!
Photo by Kaboompics© on Pixabay©
4. If you could shapeshift into any animal what would it be and why?
Photo by Canva©
Now for this question, I had to take some time to reflect because there’s so many incredible and beautiful animals this world has to offer. But I choose the soaring seagull, not only for its tenacious ability to seek out food, but the freedom of flight. Since they are attracted to water, I can see myself having the best sight in viewing the entire planet from afar and would be able to see all waterfront at its finest!
5. If you had a chance for a do-over in your life, what would you do differently?
Hmmmm… this is a tough one. It would have to be becoming a writer right out of college and hopefully, would have written a best seller! And of course, starting my blog way back when the internet first was introduced would have been real sweet too! Yep, that’s what I’d do!
6. What inspires you?
Image by Canva©
Who isn’t inspired by the magnitude of our universe and the world we live in? I consider myself a ‘truth-seeker’ and I literally CANNOT wait to see how my life unfolds, both while being alive and what’s to come afterwards! This is a journey I truly enjoy being on and looking up into the stars each evening is just so much awe to take in! God is truly everywhere.
7. Who do you admire most in life?
This was the easiest question of them all! It’s absolutely, without a doubt, my mother. She always went out of her way to help others and she instilled in me and all my brothers and sisters to have respect for
everyone, especially our elders, and everything. Some of her favorite sayings were, “This too shall pass” and “If you don’t have something nice to say, then don’t say anything at all.”
8. What are you most afraid of?
I would like to think I’m fearless, but regretably, I am not. While I’m definitely not afraid of dying, I would rather die peacefully in my sleep thank you very much… instead of drowning! Enough said!
Photo by The Digital Artist© on Pixabay©
9. You can only keep 5 possessions. What are you keeping and why?
All images from Canva©
For me, this is a no brainer. I wouldn’t be able to survive for any length of time without all the following essential items. (I’m so glad the question was about ‘possessions’. ) Because I know for a fact, that these so-called possessions wouldn’t mean anything to me if I didn’t have my close friends and family to share them with.
- My home for shelter and warmth.
- Clothing cause you know and I know we HAVE to have clothes. Nevermind about being naked, its about being WARM!
- We must nourish our bodies so food is a given. (Did I mention I plan to live next to a fresh water river?!?)
- Knowledge is power and I must have my books! All of them! Even the encyclopedias! And don’t forget, we have to cherish all books on world religions.
- Yes, I can sing. But I want to savor all kinds of music that the world has to offer!
10. If you had 3 wishes granted to you by a genie, what would your wishes be? (No wishing for more wishes!)
Genie's Magic Lamp by Greyfaerie4© on Devian Art©
- I know it’s cliche, but I really would pray and wish for world peace. Not just for me in my lifetime, but for all generations to come.
- For disease to no longer exist. With healthy fitness and nutrition, our lifespan can easily reach 120 years of age!
- To have all three of my daughters happily married, have children of their own and live a prosperous, spiritual life.
My 5 Fabulous Nominees
— Ann McConnell, Author of ‘My Tenacious Life’ @ www.mytenaciouslife.com/
— Agbaghe Oghenefejiro Fidelis, Author of ‘Salvage Readers’ @ www. salvagereaders.blogspot.com/
— Lana Pummill, Author of “Finding Inspiration in the Chaos” @ www.findinginspirationinthechaos.com
— Melissa Ortiz, Author of “Learning is Always of Life” @www.learningisalwaysoflife.com (Awaiting acceptance)
— Trina Persyn, Author of “Happy and Healing” @ www.happyandhealing.co.uk/ (Awaiting acceptance)
My Questions for my Nominees
I am going to stay with the original questions that the Liebster Awards for 2018 gave. But as a summary, here they are again:
- Out of all the places you have visited, which was your favorite?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
- Would you rather, wear shoes every second for the rest of your life, or never be allowed to wear shoes again?
- If you could shapeshift into any animal what would it be and why?
- If you had a chance for a do-over in your life, what would you do differently?
- What inspires you?
- Who do you admire most in life?
- What are you most afraid of?
- You can only keep 5 possessions. What are you keeping and why?
- If you had 3 wishes granted to you by a genie, what would your wishes be? (No wishing for more wishes.)
Congratulations again, for your earned nominations! Now go out and have the ‘best day ever’!!!