Yes, I can make you smile again. Promise!
Let’s face it. Life can be brutal at times and get you down. You can’t be on a life journey without getting through some tough times. In this article, I will show you how to rediscover your smile, put things into perspective, regroup and turn your tears into smiles again.
Skills You Will Learn in How to Smile Again
In order to put that beautiful smile back, Made You Smile Back will show you how to do the following:
- To learn the difference between things you can control vs. those you cannot.
- How to smile again following a breakup or a major loss.
- How to prevent yourself from ‘overthinking’ your situation.
- Learn to love life again, relearn how to play again.
- Motivational resources that really work, such as suggested YouTube videos, books, and yes, even inspirational quotes or religious verses to get you through.
First Things First!
Why are you feeling so sad? Did you experience a diffi- cult breakup, lose a job or did some- thing tragic happen?
Sadness is different for everyone. We experience true bouts of sadness in some form during life. It is often difficult to find the silver lining and try to be happy. However, you can become happier if you work to accept and explore your sadness, change your thinking patterns and take active and healthy steps to cultivate happiness. Yes, I’m here to assure you, can get your smile back!
1. Know the Difference Between What you Can Control and What You Cannot
There’s a reason why the Serenity Prayer is well known for its sage advice. That’s because it explains in the most simplistic way that there are things we have no control over and there are situations we do have the ability to change our experience. The trick is knowing the difference.
It’s hard to rediscover your smile when you hurt inside. Time does indeed heal wounds. You must believe in the extraordinary healing power of finding your smile again and navigate your way back to living. If you’re suffering from a breakup, perhaps you should change your perspective. Move on and learn to forgive. Stop fretting, let go, and move on. You can’t change the past, but you most assuredly can change your future. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps things were meant to happen the way they did. Instead of being sad and depressed, how about changing your attitude and realize that this might be a blessing in disguise!
Another all too familiar heartache is the one we all face when we lose someone we love like a family member or special friend. In times of grief, I did not think I would ever be able to laugh or smile again. I learned that one way to honor our loved ones was to not only keep going but to find joy in each day and to smile when reminiscing or cherishing private moments when you were together in the past. I know for myself, whenever I see a ‘rainbow‘ I always think of my Mother and instantly a smile is on my face!
3. How to Prevent Yourself from ‘Overthinking’ your Situation.
Please do yourself a favor and quit overthinking everything! Did you know you can actually think yourself out of happi-ness? You hold the keys to your happiness! Make a mental note to ‘flip the switch’ inside your brain from the negative to the positive. Included with over- thinking is the straggle-hold of procrastination! This is senselessly wasting time! Each day is composed of 86,400 seconds… nothing more, nothing less. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have ‘time’ to spend on feeling sorry for myself and figuring out ‘well what if I had done it this way’ or ‘what if I had done it that way’. No! Stop right there and when you find yourself procrastinating and wasting time, instead, SMILE, chuckle or laugh and get on with being productive again!
Life is a journey. Is is not always a bed of roses but can end up being thorns at times. These are the times I call ‘character building’. Learn to ‘don’t sweat the small stuff’. Encourage yourself to keep plugging on through the difficult times. It can make our souls smile again!
And for goodness sake, do take time to smell the roses and enjoy the simple things that life showers you everyday!
4. Learn to Love Life Again and How to Play Again!
Cheer up! Let me help you put that smile back on your face! Smiling will lift you out of the sadness you’re in. Believe in yourself and never ever give up from continuing to be the best you can be! It’s simply not worth being sad! A smile is very cheap. And when you give a smile away, you get one back in return from all those you cross paths with!
Okay, so you’re down in the dumps still. I get it. But not anymore! Why? Because I’m instructing you to go out and PLAY!!!!Yes, you heard me, go out and have fun! Have some merry-making experiences and dream your heart away! Bring the joy back into your life. I promise you by consciously making the effort of doing these things, you WILL find yourself ‘smiling again’!
If you were like me, whenever I felt sad or facing some difficult struggles and challenges, I would literally ‘scour’ the internet to find motivation to help me get out of the dumps! Sure, I found a couple of websites here and there and even a couple of YouTube videos. But I gotta tell you, there simply isn’t alot of ‘go to’ websites to really get a ‘quick’ pick-me-up type of feeling. That’s one of the main reasons I created this blog, “Made You Smile Back!”
Now without further ado, here are some of the best motivational resources that I would like to share with you!
- You must be living under a rock if you haven’t heard this popular song from the 70s & 80s, “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin!
- And let’s not forget the song, ‘Sing, sing, sing!’ by the acapella group known as Pentatonix.
- Motivational YouTube Videos include anything from Les Brown, Tony Robbins, Mel Robbins and T.D. Jakes.
- Books include ‘The Happiness of Pursuit’ by Chris Guillebeau, ‘The Richest Man in Babylon’ by George Samuel Clason, any book by Les Brown will get you motivated, but I personally like ‘Live Your Dreams’.
- Of course, I have to include my own ‘Inspirational Quotes’ here on ‘Made You Smile Back’!
- I would be totally amiss if I didn’t include what is most important to who YOU ARE UNIQUELY in regards to your faith. So whether it be the Bible, the Tora, the Quran, or the Teachings of Budda, etc., I encourage you to reach out and start reading again and find your ‘smile and purpose again’!
So! Did I Make YOU Smile Back!
Thank you for reading my blog! I thoroughly enjoyed writing this and I welcome all comments and suggestions on how you yourself ‘get your smile back’ when feeling down in the dumps! And don’t forget to subscribe!
I appreciate you all for your loyalty and support.