Are you familiar with the term “glow up”. Well, you’re about to find out what it is and how you can have one yourself. In fact, this blog is all about ‘how to have a glow up transformation.‘
According to the website, highsnobiety, “If you’ve spent enough time on social media, there’s a good chance you’ve seen the term “glo-up” (aka “glow up”) appear with increasing regularity. But what does it actually mean?”
Table of Contents
“Glow up” is not just a metaphor for happiness. It’s an actual transformation that can be achieved by anyone, regardless of their current state of mind. It’s a mindset that we can all achieve. And when we do, we can experience true happiness. It is the inner change that makes us feel like we have a new start and we’re finally living our dreams.
Have you ever thought about the power of transformation? It’s real and it’s powerful.
But as much as we want to be happy, we also have bad days. Sometimes we feel like we’re stuck in a rut. But we don’t want to be that person.
So we ask ourselves:
What’s the glow up transformation?
Can I have one?
How do I do it? In this blog post, I’ll show you the answers to these questions and more.
So… what exactly does ‘glow up’ mean?
The glow up transformation is a state of mind where you feel like you can achieve anything. You feel like you can accomplish anything. It’s like a superpower.
This ‘glow up’ state of mind has been scientifically proven to improve our mood and boost our confidence. It also makes us happier, more focused and calmer. It makes us more energetic and resilient to negative situations.
Explaining further, a glo-up (or glow up) can cover a lot of things and is a new take on the phrase “grow up.” Colloquially, it stands for a timely and personal transformation and largely attests to changes in one’s physical appearance or style. Recently, the term has gone on to cover increased self-confidence and a positive change in one’s lifestyle.
Glowing up is when you see yourself being someone who is happy, confident, and in a good place.
You’ve probably heard the term before. You might even have had a friend or a relative tell you how beautiful or handsome you are. They are referring to your ‘new glow up’ you’re projecting.
You can also feel it yourself. If you’re not in a good mood, you can feel it in your body. If you’re stressed out, you might feel it in your shoulders and your head.
And if you have a glow up transformation, you’ll notice that it shows in your face. Your skin will have a glow to it, and you’ll be able to smile even when you’re in a bad mood. You’ll be smiling even when you’re tired or in pain. You’ll be more relaxed and at peace with the new you.
Glow up transformations come in different forms and for different reasons. Some people just want to make a change because they want to feel better or look better.
Other people want to make a change because they not only want to feel better about themselves or they want to make a change because they want to feel better about their life.
There are different kinds of glow up transformations. And there are ways to achieve them. The following are three different kinds of glow up transformation to consider:
1) The first kind is the glow up transformation where you have the goal of being happy. As stated earlier, you want to feel like you’re in a good place.
You might have the goal of being more positive or being more focused. You might have the goal of being a happier person. You might have the goal of feeling better.
2) The second kind is the glow up transformation where you want to feel good. You want to feel happy. You want to feel confident. You want to feel relaxed.
3) The third kind is the glow up transformation where you be in a happy place. You want to be in a confident place. You want to be in a relaxed place.
Before you can have a glow up transformation, you need to consider a few things.
What are you going to change? What do you want to change? What are you going to do about it?
The more specific you are, the more effective your transformation will be.
Are you going to change your habits? Are you going to change your lifestyle?
Are you going to change your mindset? Are you going to change your beliefs?
Are you going to change your outlook?
These are the questions that you need to ask yourself.
Finally, you might want to make a change because you want to be in a ‘better place’ than you were before. You might want to make a change because you simply want to feel and think better.
There is no correct answer to how long it takes to glow up. Your glow up might take less than a week if you are aiming for improving your physical looks or even a month if your goal is to lose weight.
On the other hand, if you want mental peace, you could glow up in a week’s time. But if you have gone through some significant changes in life and for emotional or mental health purposes, it may take longer.
The bottom line is simply this… It all depends upon your end-goal to the glow up transformations you want to achieve. To be successful, you need to take whatever time is necessary to reach your glow up goals. You got this!
The following are 10 glow up tips you can do to create a glow up checklist for your own personal transformation.
1) Make sure that you are completely honest with yourself.
2) Don’t make promises to yourself that you can’t keep.
3) Be consistent with your glow up transformational goals. If you are going to be successful, you need to have clear goals.
4) Write down what you want to achieve. (A glow up digital planner or journal is highly recommended.)
5) Make a list of what you want to change. What are you going to do about it?
6. Don’t procrastinate and be patient.
7) Make sure that you are not comparing yourself to others.
8) Be specific but realistic. If you’re not clear on what you want to change, then you’ll never know if you’re successful or not.
9) Take action. You’ve got to take action to achieve your goals. There’s no magic in the world that change your life if you don’t take personal responsibility of taking action. This action is vital in order to become the best you can be and of course be happy.
10) Stay positive. You’ve got to have a positive mindset. You’ve got to have a positive attitude. By doing so, you can easily stay positive.
You know what happens when a woman gets her glow up transformation? She’s glowing. But how can you have a glow up transformation? In this glow up example, it is one that I myself am doing and hopefully, at the end of my 30 day ‘glow up’, my happiness level will be soaring. Yours can too!
You can have the best glow up transformation in the world if you do these steps. Follow these ten easy steps and you’ll be a goddess of the world.
1. Skincare – It’s important to establish both a morning and evening skincare routine. After cleansing my face, I always put moisturizer on which contains sunscreen for the morning. For the evening, I include a ‘retinol-based’ eye cream.
2. Mental Health Glow Up – Schedule Self-Care Days. Self-care is probably the most obvious way you can focus on your mental health and glow up your mind!
3. Take Care of Your Hair – Wash your hair frequently with a shampoo that gives you a glossy look and don’t forget the conditioner!
4. Get a Massage – Relax your stressful mind with a massage.
5. Drink Cold Water 4-6 Times Daily – Stay hydrated to keep you glowing up all day!
6. Have Breakfast – Star your day properly with a good breakfast.
7. Quality Time – Have quality time to spend with yourself and your family.
8. Eat Fresh Food – Keep your body healthy with smoothies, juices and plenty of veggies. Try to include a bountiful salad daily.
9. Exercise – Make physical activity your new favorite hobby.
10. Be Happy – Smile, laugh, love and experience daily blissful joy as much as possible.
Ready to get started with some powerful, positive quotes and affirmations? Check out these selected glow up quotes and affirmations to get you in the right frame of mind during your glow up transformation!
The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind.Maya Angelou
For there is always light / If only we’re brave enough to see it / If only we’re brave enough to be it. —, “The Hill We Climb”Amanda Gorman
I am making peace with the fact that my to-do list will never be done.Nedra Glover Tawwab
It’s a good day to have a good day.Author Unknown
You are the sky — everything else is just the weather.Pema Chödrön
Each day is the field of brightness where the invitation of our life unfolds.John O’Donohue, from Benedictus: A Book of Blessings
Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.Ruth Bader Ginsburg
You are a miracle. You have come to this earth for a brief parenthesis in eternity for a reason. And staying aligned with what feels like your purpose is the key to living a fully functioning life.Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
I know that where I am in my life, now, is both temporary and exactly where I need to be to learn what I must learn, so that I can become the person I need to be to create the life I truly want.Hal Elrod, The Miracle Morning
If you don’t decide what your priorities are in life, everyone else will decide for you.Christy Wright
You are always on your way to a miracle.SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy)
I can do anything but not everything.Greg McKeown, Essentialism
When you feel the need to apologize or explain who you are, it means the voice in your head is telling you the wrong story. Wipe the slate clean. And rewrite it.Shonda Rhimes, “The Year of Yes
Remember that what’s happened to you does not define who you are.Noa Shaw
Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows fall behind you.Maori proverb
Look out ‘cause here I come / And I’m marching on to the beat I drum / I’m not scared to be seen / I make no apologies, this is me. — , “This Is Me” (sung by Keala Settle)Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
I believe the choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself.Oprah Winfrey
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. — ) Paraphrased from original prayer byReinhold Niebuhr
Everything happens right on time.Hoda Kotb
No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough.Brene Brown
When you change yourself, you’re changing your life. And that’s the most powerful way to have a glow up transformation.
This glow up transformation is about changing your mindset, your body, and your environment.
You can change your mindset by changing your thoughts and your emotions. You can change your body by changing your diet, your sleep, and your exercise.
Whatever your glow up means to you, it’s all about becoming the best version of yourself and learning to practice self-care and acceptance!
Look after your body inside and out by eating a well-balanced diet, working out regularly, and looking after your skin. Practice being confident and surrounding yourself with positive people to help you feel that glow!
Likewise, I want you to take note of others who have that ‘glow up’ presence about themselves. Compliment them. Let them know they light up the room.
Take care, everyone! Please feel free to share any tips you have about your own ‘glow-up’ experiences in the comment box below.