If you want to learn how to train your mind to be positive, you’re in the right place.
Table of Contents
In this blog post, I will teach you how to train your mind to be positive and how to get more happiness in your life.
Let me ask you something… Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a rut? That there is nothing you can do to change your life? Or maybe you’ve been feeling like that for a long time and you’re tired of feeling like that.
Learn how to train your mind to be positive, confident, and happy. The answer seems simple, right?… You simply stop thinking bad thoughts and start thinking good ones. Easy peasy.
Wait a moment. You know and I know that it isn’t as easy as that. Listen, we all have negative thoughts that get us down. And I’m sure you have found yourself down more than one ‘rabbit hole’ than you would care to admit.
You need to discover how to get out of negative thinking and into positive thinking.
Look… you can’t control what other people think about you. But you can control how you think about yourself.
In this article, I shall be sharing tips and strategies on how you really can train your mind to be positive-minded, more productive, happy and joyful.
Let’s get started… shall we?
A little interesting fact to ponder… did you know that when you think positively, your brain literally starts to glow. Yes, scientific studies have been done where volunteers have been hooked up to brain scanners and when asked to think of a positive childhood experience, their brain lights up like a Christmas tree!
It’s really easy to see the benefits of this when you’re already positive. But it’s even easier to notice the difference between a positive and negative mindset.
The following are a few ways in which your brain functions when it is positive or when it is negative.
In fact, per a study performed by Achieve Medical Center: “Positive or negative emotions can affect our brain chemistry and actions. Positive thinking can lead to enhanced creativity, staying focused, problem-solving skills, and overall mental productivity. On the other hand, negative emotions can lead to slower response times, memory impairment, and decreased impulse control.”
In addition, these positive or negative experiences will create corresponding emotional feelings. This in turn transforms the genetic make-up of the mind.
Previously, people thought that positivity was a “happy” feeling. But, that’s not the case. We now know that positivity is a mindset, and it’s a powerful skill that everyone can learn and be trained with.
Positivity can be trained. If you want to be happy, you need to be positive.
You can change your life by developing a positive mindset.
Positivity is the key to a successful life because it leads to more positive outcomes. If you want to be positive, you need to be positive.
The power of positivity is based on a study conducted by Dr. Martin Seligman, which is called Learned Optimism. Seligman studied the differences between positive and negative people. He found that the key difference between the two was their ability to think positively.
Per PositivePsychology.com: “Learned optimism is a concept from positive psychology’s founding father, Martin Seligman, that argues that we can cultivate a positive perspective. With a more joyful outlook on life, he explains, we’re in a much better position to enhance our well-being.”
The power of positivity is like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets.
Train your mind to see the good in every situation and you will train yourself to make lemonade out of lemons. It’s that simple.
Really, it does take some work, but it’s easy to learn once you make the personal choice and decide to do so.
It might not be easy for everyone at first but stick to it. It’s an important one and we need to help as many people as possible understand how to train their minds to see the good in every situation.
The benefits of training your mind to be positive is so important. Why is it so important to train your mind? Here are three reasons:
1. There’s no question your life will definitely improve. It makes sense that if you lead a positive, abundant life, you’ll feel better. It’s true. Your life will improve and will display a positive attitude in everything you do.
2. When people engage with you, they will instantly will take notice and respect you for your positive mind. This goes for both your personal and professional life.
3. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, ‘birds of a feather flock together.’ Another benefit of training your mind to be positive is simply you’ll attract like-minded positive people as well! This includes the right people for your job, your family, and your friends.
How to train your mind to be stronger than your emotions
Emotions can sometimes get the best of us. There are just times in life when they can easily be too strong to control. They can cause us to have negative feelings about ourselves and become overwhelmed. How can we be sure to think clearly and logically when this happens?
You need to learn how to train your mind to be stronger than your emotions. When your mind is positive, we can learn from it, improve ourselves and become the best we can be.
Think about it. When our mind is stronger, we have clarity and access to where we store all our knowledge. When we are positive and therefore, calm, cool and collective, we can use this to our advantage.
We are also more likely to think clearly and logically.
We are also more likely to trust ourselves. When we trust ourselves, we have a stronger sense of self-esteem.
We are also more likely to develop healthy relationships. We can learn to value ourselves and be honest with ourselves.
Mindset training involves changing your mindset to become more positive. In turn, you will instantly become happier. Only you have the power to change your mindset and take the necessary steps in doing so.
It’s all about rewiring our brain in creating new neurotransmitter brain cells and pathways that enable us to be more positive and think more clearly with optimism.
Let’s learn how to put a positive spin on developing and training our mindset, albeit brain, with these four easy-to-do tips:
The next time you find a negative thought sneaking into your mind, I want you to stop yourself immediately and replace it with a positive one.
Do you know what overthinking is? Let me explain. It’s when you take an issue you’re confronted with and twisting it into different scenarios which can all come out with a negative result. Do yourself a favor and the next time you find yourself ‘overthinking’ an issue, instead I want you to release it and let it go. Let positive vibes take over your mind.
One of the secret keys of obtaining a ‘happy and joyful mindset’ is simply by acknowledging and expressing gratitude. One way to do this is to keep a daily ‘gratitude journal’ and write down what you are thankful for.
Have you ever noticed when you go out of your way to help others, even in a small way, how good it makes you feel!
This is a healthy positive mindset. Continuing to help others and finding the good in people not only takes the focus away from your sufferings but also gives your mind a state of calmness and peace. It also creates a domino effect as well where others do similar kindnesses. Just remember, ‘it’s the little things’ that translate into bringing higher levels of joy into your life!
Not to be overlooked is this fifth powerful tip in mindset training I would like to share. It is actually the recitation of positive daily quotes and affirmations. After reviewing over a hundred various quotes and affirmations, this is the collection I think is the most meaningful, and thought-provoking.
These quotes will help develop and train your mind to see the good in every situation:
1) “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”Oprah Winfrey
2) “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.”Roy T. Bennett
3) “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”Dennis P. Kimbro
4) “The mind is everything. What you think you become.”Buddha
5) “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.”John Wooden
6) “A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.”Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
7) “We become what we think about.”Earl Nightingale
8) “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”Alice Walker
9) “But you will admit that it is a very good thing to be alive.” –L. Frank Baum
10) “Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow is a fresh opportunity to make it better.”Unknown
11) “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”Roy T. Bennett
12) “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”Roy T. Bennett
13) “POSITIVE: The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.”Winston Churchill
14) “Things have a way of working themselves out if we just remain positive.”Lou Holtz
15) “Be positive. Your mind is more powerful than you think. What is down in the well comes up in the bucket. Fill yourself with positive things.”Tony Dungy
Unlike quotes, affirmations are short and brief and are meant to be said daily. With time, you shall see that by saying ‘out loud’ these daily affirmations will put you into a positive state of mind.
1) I am brilliant.
2) I am enough.
3) I love myself.
4) I am proud of myself.
5) I am important.
6) I am brave.
7) I am grateful for everything I have.
8) I am in control of my feelings.
9) I can be anything I want to be.
10) I treat myself kindly and with compassion.
11) My life is full of potential.
12) I have the power to change.
13) I forgive those who have hurt me.
14) I deserve peace and joy in my life.
15) Today is going to be the best day ever!
Positive thinking… it’s not just a concept, it is a mindset. In this blog, we have found that the power of positivity is huge… a big deal. By training your mindset to be positive, you will reduce your stress, boost your self-esteem, improve your overall concentration and much much more.
In other words, if you learn to be positive-minded, you will become better equipped to handle whatever life throws your way!
In the comments below, be sure to share your thoughts on this subject and any quotes and/or affirmations you use to get in a ‘positive mindset!’